Member Benefits & Services
It’s not just who you know, it’s who others know. Networking is a powerful tool for successful businesses and is often the reason a business joins the Chamber. We offer networking prior to our annual events including the Chamber Annual General Meeting, Spring Seminar, Celebration of Business Excellence and the Fall Seminar
Marketing and Promotions
Stand out and get noticed in your community. As a Chamber Member you receive the following marketing and promotions as a benefit of membership:
- Chamber members receive a complimentary listing in the online directory at www.trenthillschamber.ca. Businesses have the option of updating their own listing online or contacting Chamber staff to make updates.
- Included in the membership fee is a feature profile in the Chamber digital and print newsletter on an annual basis.
- Business referrals for potential new customers or clients.
- Members only business card and display brochure in Chamber office.
- Social media services include an annual feature profile on the Chamber Facebook page, promotion in the Buy Smart Buy Local Group. Chamber staff interact with member business pages and provide supporting for getting started with social media.
- Discounted advertising rate for Member on the Chamber AdChannel located in the ServiceOntario office.
- Paid advertising in the newsletter is also available exclusively for Chamber Members.
- Sponsorship and promotional opportunities available for events and seminars.
- Open House and/or Grand Opening announcements through membership communications.
Discounted or Exclusive Programs
A benefit of membership is access to Member discounts, special offers, and exclusive programs.
- Member to Member Program: Chamber members that offer discounts or special rates for other Chamber members are featured regularly in the newsletter and online. Click here for PDF Flyer of the current discounts.
- Exclusive Merchant Card Rates: First Data Canada, a global leader in electronic commerce and payment processing, recently announced an agreement with The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce in which First Data will offer Canadian Chamber and Ontario Chamber members exclusive merchant processing services. Chamber members will receive preferred rates on electronic payment processing services, including credit, debit, eCommerce, cheque guarantee and gift cards. Click here to sign up or for more information.
- Group Insurance Plan: The Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan includes coverage for small and medium-sized firms traditionally reserved for the largest employers. That’s why we say the Chambers Plan is “At work for small business”. For more information, visit www.chambers.ca or contact Chamber representative Brian D. Bulger, (705) 741-1400 or email email@example.com.
- Coffee Break Learning: Social Media or Digital Marketing online learning. You will have access to ALL of the courses. We focus on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & Google for now. Each course is broken down into easily understood 15min segments! Grab of coffee and take a break with Coffee Break Learning! Watch the ones you need, as often as you like. Click here to sign up today. The training is ongoing and there is an optional monthly Members’ live webinar, usually the last Tuesday of every month at 2 pm. New social media programs are always being monitored and adding those most useful for your business success as they happen. Giving you full access to all of the 15min course segments. Gain unlimited access to all of Sofie Andreou’s tutorials for only $19.93 CAD/month. Members ONLY!
- Constant Contact Email Marketing: Constant Contact offers you a fast, effective way to get your message out to customers and keep your organization top of mind. It’s a breakthrough marketing tool that’s just as easy to use as it is powerful. Members of the Trent Hills Chamber Get 20% off for 6 months or 25% off for a year when you pre-pay. Try it FREE for 60 days – Click here to sign up.
- Purolator: When you make a promise to your customer, the last thing you want to do is worry about where your shipment is or if it’s going to get there on time. As a member of the Trent Hills & District Chamber of Commerce, you now gain access to Purolator shipping services, where you will enjoy preferential pricing through a volume discount program. Purolator offers your members discounts starting at 25% on Purolator Express® and Purolator Ground® suite of services. Click Here for more information.
- Grand & Toy: Through the purchasing power of the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce, Grand & Toy is able to provide a specialized program that extends preferred pricing to all chamber members. Savings: Up to 85% off over 7,500 quality office products; Consolidate & Save: Extensive selection across a wide array of product categories including; office supplies, technology, furniture, facility supplies, print and promotional products; Convenient and Simple: Multiple methods of ordering- online, e-mail and phone; Efficient: Online user profile created for each member with access to your price list, order tracking and history, product sourcing and weekly promotions; Support:Award-winning customer service available to assist you with; order placing, product sourcing, tracking, and returns; Reliability: State-of-the-art warehouse facilities utilizing the latest technology to increase order accuracy and improve customer satisfaction; Value: Great ROI – savings through the program will easily offset your member dues. Click here for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outstand can help you communicate like never before, so you can make powerful connections and the right impression with your clients and prospects. Built with the business professional in mind, Outstand gives you all the tools you need to stand out and accelerate relationships in one place. Emails, texting, and printed cards work together like never before, helping you to make powerful connections and right impression, every time. Free 30-day trial and members of the Chamber receive a 10% discount on membership. Click here to sign up today.uContact the Chamber to recieve your promo code to recieve your Chamber discount.
Keeping members informed about Chamber activities and events, advocacy efforts, what’s new and happening in the business community is key to our communications plan.
- Member Communications: Members are kept informed through digital and print newsletters and updates about what’s new and happening at the Chamber, advocacy efforts, member profiles, messages from the Chair of the Board, and upcoming events.
- Member Surveys: Members have the opportunity to participate in surveys conducted by the Government Relations and Advocacy Committee and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce to gather valuable feedback from the business community.
- Seminars and Workshops Through various partnerships, the Chamber provides workshops and seminars offering a variety of topics that focus on the special needs of small business members.
- Member Orientation: Chamber staff provide individual orientation sessions for members to learn about the benefits, services and programs available. The purpose of these orientation sessions is to maximize the benefits of membership.
- Celebration of Business Excellence: This event recognizes the business achievements of organizations and the businesses in Trent Hills. Nominations open in mid-February and the nominees and recipients are recognized at an Award Ceremony the fourth Saturday in April. Click here for more information.
Here is a list of events scheduled to date for the upcoming year:
- Thursday, March 2, 2017 — Annual General Meeting
- Thursday, March 23, 2017 — Spring Seminar
- Saturday, April 29, 2017 — Celebration of Business Excellence Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, November 15, 2017 — Fall Seminar