The Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for a vacancy on the board of directors to be filled at the Annual General Meeting on March 12, 2020. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience with a dynamic team of volunteers and staff. The Trent Hills and District Chamber of Commerce is a not for profit volunteer organization dedicated to the growth and advancement of the business and commercial climate. As the Voice of Business we are committed to fulfilling our mission and achieving our objectives and goals on behalf of the businesses of Trent Hills.
Chamber Operations include Chamber of Commerce Business Centre, Visitor Information Centre, Drivers and Vehicles Licensing Office, Old Mill Park Docking Facility and the Direct Marketing Organization for Trent Hills.
To collaboratively promote, support and facilitate business excellence, tourism vitality and community connectivity in Trent Hills. Through dedicated volunteers and staff we are committed and goal-oriented in serving the Chamber Membership.
Requirements and role of a volunteer board member are:
- Be viewed and conduct oneself as a responsible corporate citizen.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a Member of the Chamber of Commerce or a designated representative.
- Serve a minimum of one 2-year term to a maximum of 3 terms on the Board of Directors.
- Attend 6 Board Meetings per year and participate on at least one of the Chamber committees.
- Stay informed about committee and board matters, be prepared for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Exercise best efforts to attend the events held by the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce, including the Business Awards, Spring and Fall Seminars/Workshops and Candidates Meetings.
- Assist with efforts to help the Chamber grow. For example, identify and introduce potential new members.
- The role of the board of directors is governance, strategic planning and policy. Chamber staff are responsible for business operations.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer position, please contact Nancy Allanson, Executive Director, email@example.com or 705-653-1551 for an application package.