Celebration of Business Excellence Awards
2020 Award Nominations Now Open
Celebrate and honour the achievements of the Trent Hills business community by nominating a business or organization for their commitment to excellence.
All nominations must be submitted to the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce by Friday, March 20, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Nominations are limited to businesses or organizations in the Trent Hills community, OR are a member of the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce.
- Nominations may be submitted by customers, businesses, employees or individuals. Self-nominations are accepted with the exception of the following categories: Excellence in Business and Customer Experience.
- A nominee may be nominated for a maximum of two categories, so long as the criteria is applicable to the nominee.
- The business or organization or individual that sponsors an award is ineligible to be nominated for that award.
- Recipients of a 2019 Award are ineligible for nomination in the same category in 2020. Click here for the list of 2019 recipients.
- There is a minimum of three nominees per category. If the minimum is not received, the call for nominations will be extended for this category.
- In the event there is an excessive number of nominations in a category, it is at the discretion of the Awards Selection Committee to determine if nominations will be reviewed to produce finalists for consideration.
- All nominees must confirm acceptance of their nomination and complete a Nomination Questionnaire. Failure to do so will make the nomination null and void. The questionnaires will be sent to nominees upon receipt of the nomination.
- Nomination forms must include the Nominators name to be valid.
2020 AWARD CATEGORIES
(Retail Based Business)
Sponsored by Let’s Get Social Canada
Celebrates a retail business for high achievement and outstanding performance in three or more of the following areas: customer service, job creation, workplace environment, growth in business, product quality or craftsmanship, new and innovative products, service or manufacturing techniques.
EXCELLENCE IN BUSINESS
(Service Based Business)
Sponsored by Dooher’s Bakery Ltd.
Celebrates a service business for high achievement and outstanding performance in three or more of the following areas: customer service, job creation, workplace environment, growth in business, product quality or craftsmanship, new and innovative products, service or manufacturing techniques.
Sponsored by Kinch Eddie Litigation Professional Corporation
Celebrates a new business that has achieved significant success in one to three years of operation. This entrepreneur has implemented a vision and pursued strategies that promote, enhance and sustain awareness of their business and their brand to increase sales, overcome obstacles, understand and meet the needs of his or her customers.
PRIDE AND PROGRESS
Sponsored by Sideways Bar & Grill
Honours a business that has undergone a major renovation to its interior or exterior to distinguish itself in one or more of the following ways: overall visual impact, innovative design, commitment to heritage, or the creation of an accessible environment.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE AWARD
Sponsored by Giant Tiger
Recognizes a service business that sets a high standard of excellence in customer service, retention and satisfaction. The recipient has demonstrated an ability to stand out from the rest, creating a customer experience other businesses in the community would be wise to emulate.
Sponsored by Our Lucky Stars Cafe & Coffee Roasters
Recognizes a retail business that sets a high standard of excellence in customer service, retention and satisfaction. The recipient has demonstrated an ability to stand out from the rest, creating a customer experience other businesses in the community would be wise to emulate.
Sponsored by RBC Royal Bank
Recognizes a small business that is seen as a leader in finding ways of doing business while doing good for the community. This business has invested in the community and sees community investment as a core part of the company’s values.
NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION
Sponsored by Allen Insurance Group
Recognizes a not-for-profit organization that exemplifies excellence in service to the community. The organization has an established reputation for innovation, strategic partnerships, effective volunteer management, successful marketing and promotions, delivery of exceptional programs and services, and measurable results for the betterment of the community.
**NEW** MARKETING AWARD – DIGITAL CATEGORY
Sponsored by Trent Hills Tribune
Recognizes a business or organization for an outstanding digital, social and online marketing campaign or strategy that is creative, innovative and consistent with the brand. The recipient will have demonstrated how the strategy has achieved the goals of the business/organization.
**NEW** MARKETING AWARD – NON-DIGITAL CATEGORY
Sponsored by Aron Theatre Co-operative
Recognizes a business or organization for an outstanding print, radio, television or signage marketing campaign or strategy that is creative, innovative and consistent with their brand. The recipient will have demonstrated how the strategy has achieved the goals of the business/organization.
INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY EMPLOYER
Sponsored by Community Living Campbellford/Brighton
The sponsoring organization will select a business as a recipient that demonstrates strong values and practices towards hiring person/persons with an intellectual disability, dedicated to enriching the lives of others through employment
BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
Sponsored by Centre & Main Chocolate Co.
The recipient of this award will be chosen from amongst all the business nominees that has demonstrated overall business excellence and exceptional entrepreneurial spirit.
Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce
Recognizes and honours an individual, company or organization which, through involvement in business, professional associations and community service, has had a significant impact on the Trent Hills Community.
Nomination Applications must be submitted by Friday, March 20 at 4 pm to:
Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce
51 Grand Road, PO Box 376, Campbellford
T: 705-653-1551 F: 705-653-1629