Workplace Self-Screening and Data Reporting
Rapid Antigen Screening Kit Distribution Plan
For Small and Medium Sized Businesses under 150 Employees
Screening people in the workplace with rapid antigen testing will help identify individuals with COVID-19 to help protect others from exposure and provide much needed data about viral prevalence within job sites and communities across Canada.
The goal of this program is to identify individuals who are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic to prevent them from spreading the COVID-19 virus in the workplace, at home and in the community.
The Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce, located at 51 Grand Road, Campbellford in partnership with the Brighton-Cramahe Chamber of Commerce and the Northumberland Central Chamber of Commerce, will act as a distribution center for Rapid Antigen Screening kits to be used for self-screening in the workplace under the guidance of proper Health and Safety Guidelines provided.
The purpose of this process is for employees of small and medium sized businesses who:
- Are Asymptomatic (do not have any symptoms of COVID-19).
- Have not had any contact with a known positive case of COVID-19.
Employees with recognized COVID-19 symptoms are required by Public Health Authorities to register for a PCR Test at a local Regional Public Health approved location and should not be given a Rapid Antigen Screening Test.
If an employee develops symptoms, they MUST leave the workplace immediately, self-isolate and follow the direction of local public. The employee must arrange for public PCR test that must be completed. The employer should not allow the return of the employee until a confirmed negative result is provided.
The steps to participate in this program are as follows.
- Enter into an agreement with the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce. You will need to download, sign and email the agreement before you can place your first order for tests. Click here to download the form.
- Assign a supervisor for your organization who will be responsible for ordering and picking up the test kits from the Chamber, supervising employees self-administering the tests, and reporting test results to the Chamber.
- It is recommended that you test your employees twice per week for effective screening. Tests come in boxes of 25 so we ask that you order in multiples of 25 if possible – enough for 2 -3 weeks of testing. The supervisor can order the test kits online for contactless curbside pickup from the Chamber Building on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
- On the pickup of your first order, the Supervisor will be required to submit a screening test and watch a five-minute training video so they can supervise and inform your employees on the self-administering of the tests. Click here to view the Training Video
- You will need to report weekly to the chamber through the online form how many tests were administered and the number of invalid test reports.
- Once you have reported on 75% of the tests you have already received you can order more tests through the online form.
- Please ensure that all parts of the test kits and all packaging is disposed of appropriately.
RESOURCES TO GUIDE YOU
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS