The Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates interested in the position of
TOURISM AND MEMBER SERVICES ASSISTANT
The Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce (THCC) collaboratively promotes, supports, and facilitates business excellence, tourism vitality and community connectivity in Trent Hills. Through dedicated volunteers and staff, we are committed and goal-oriented in serving the Chamber Membership. The Chamber advocates on behalf of businesses at all levels of government create learning and networking opportunities for businesses, provides entrepreneurial support through partnerships and seeks opportunities to showcase Chamber members and the business community. In addition to membership-based services, the THCC is the Destination Marketing Organization for Trent Hills, which operates a visitor information centre, a private ServiceOntario office and an overnight boat docking facility.
The THCC seeks an experienced individual for the position of Tourism and Member Services Assistant that is organized, versatile, enthusiastic and delivers a high-quality customer experience. This position assists the Chamber CEO with tourism marketing and visitor services, delivers value to our membership base through the administration of programs and benefits, is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services, and general office support to ensure effective and efficient Chamber operations.
Core functions include front-line general reception duties, including answering the phone, managing the general email inbox, responding to visitor, stakeholder and member inquiries in a knowledgeable and professional manner, preparation and delivery of member communications, updating and maintaining online resources, assisting with event planning, responding to visitor and tourism stakeholder inquiries, and support for tourism marketing efforts.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform front-line general reception duties, including answering the phone, managing the general email inbox, and responding to in-office inquiries.
- Draft, respond or route correspondence, including documents of a confidential nature.
- Exercise caution and discretion with confidential information.
- Maintain inventory of printed materials, responsible for stocking maintenance, office supplies and equipment.
- Process payments, issue invoices, and maintain accurate records.
- Operate various office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of desktop applications and online systems; prepare communication materials utilizing detailed layout and formatting; prepare data analysis reports.
- Assist with organizing events and business-related activities including registration, preparation of event materials and marketing, and updating the online community event calendar.
- Assist with recruitment of new members; provide support for a member retention program that includes promoting member businesses and increasing participation in member benefits and programs; adding value to the membership through exceptional customer service.
- Effectively handle inquiries, complaints and requests from businesses, other organizations and stakeholders, and members of the public and resolves customer service issues.
- Schedule print and radio marketing tracking and ensure deadlines are met; create and schedule social media posts; prepare reports to measure results.
- Provide basic maintenance of the Chamber and Tourism website including posting events, providing blog entries and uploading documents as required; updating the Chamber’s online business directory.
- Monitor and process online Chamber Store sales accurately and in a time-sensitive manner.
- Support summer staff with boater guest services including reception, inquiries, processing overnight accommodations, light cleaning of shower facility, and tidying public washroom facility.
- Provide input to develop ways to improve the customer experience and build brand loyalty.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Considerable experience providing administrative support, handling a broad range of administrative matters, and standard office practices and procedures, some of which must relate specifically to the actual duties of the position.
- Highly developed customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, both internally and externally and an engaging interpersonal style.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail, and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in an administrative role (not-for-profit experience an asset)
- Proficient in a variety of software tools including Microsoft Office, online applications such as Facebook and Instagram, eager to learn new technologies
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Systems, and email marketing software such as Constant Contact, Canva and WordPress, is considered an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours, including some evening, early morning events and weekend shifts.
- Able to provide support for producing and coordinating messaging for web, print and other marketing materials.
- Experience in developing and implementing administrative work procedures and systems.
- Experience in planning and organizing meetings and special events.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage interruptions, demonstrate initiative and assess situations to make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Must be resourceful, flexible, adaptable, and dependable.
- On occasion, access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license may be required.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
Send a copy of your cover letter and resume, marked confidential to: Nancy Allanson, CEO by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information provided by or about candidates for these positions will be used only for candidate selection. We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to respond; however only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.