Fill your hearts with holiday joy
and your shopping bags with local love.
Brighten Your Holidays, Buy Local
Make your holiday shopping list and check it twice – in Trent Hills! The business communities of Hastings, Warkworth and Campbellford are ready to ring in the season with you and help you find everything on your list, plus give you a chance to win great prizes! This collaborative campaign is brought to you by the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce, the Warkworth Business Association, the Campbellford Business Improvement Area, and the Hastings Revitalization Association, uniting our communities for a common cause.
Trent Hills welcomes you to a season of community and cheer.
Thank you to these Trent Hills businesses for contributing a gift certificate:
- 39 Main Street
- A Step Above Footcare
- Bennett’s Furniture & Mattresses
- Boozoo Baby Handmade Creations
- The Branch Ranch
- The Bridgewater Café & Pizza
- Cheeky Bee Candle Company
- D’s Modern Caribbean Cuisine
- The Dockside Bistro
- Earth Angel Designs
- Fogorig Brewing
- Forgrave Financial
- The Fox Hollow Pet Boutique
- Frantic Farms
- The General on Millpond
- Gidget Ovsenek Holistic Wellness
- Grandma’s Recipe Box
- The GreenMoxie Store
- Hand and Sole
- Hastings Laundromat/BALL Real Estate
- The Ice Cream Café
- Journey To Be Yoga and Fitness Studio
- Laurie Woodfine Realty
- McLaren Auto Detailing
- Pampered Aesthetics
- Red Cloud Creations
- Rene’s Total Home Comfort
- River’s Edge on Front
- Robin’s Nest Farm Market
- Sharpe’s Food Market
- Small Town Productions
- Snapshots Photo, Framing & Office Supplies
- Solid Rock Realty
- Spaulding Guest House
- The Style House
- Sunday’s Company
- The Super Patch Company
- Villa Conti
- Village Paint and Paper
- Viv’s Glass and Screen Shop
- The Water Lily
- Weekender’s Vintage
- The Wine Barrel II
Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce
Home for the Holidays Sweepstakes
Support a business located in the Municipality of Trent Hills during the Sweepstakes period (November 20, 2023 to December 24, 2023) and you will have a chance to win Weekly Prizes or a Grand Prize $1,000 Trent Hills Shopping Spree. The total prize pack is valued at a minimum of $1,700* as of December 4, 2023.
*Total prizes distributed will change throughout the contest period as prizes are distributed or additional businesses participate with a weekly prize.
There are three ways to enter the weekly contest where $25 Trent Hills gift certificates will be drawn at random:
- SUPPORT-A-BUSINESS ENTRY: Share a picture of a product or service you purchased from a business located in the Municipality of Trent Hills on the Official Home for the Holidays Weekly Contest Post on the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce Facebook page. Mention or identify the business in the post. *Eligible entries will receive one entry for the corresponding weekly prize draw and one entry for the grand prize draw. Limit: One entry, per individual, per week.
See sections 4. Eligibility and 5. Eligible Purchases below.
- MAKE-A-PURCHASE ENTRY: Make a purchase from a business located in Trent Hills between Monday, November 20 and Saturday, December 24, 2023 at 1:00 pm. Submit a receipt or other form of proof of purchase with Your Name, Your Phone Number and the Business Name to email@example.com. OR deliver to one of the drop off locations (see below for a list of designated drop off locations). Date and purchase amount must be visible for a valid entry. This constitutes one entry for that week. *Eligible entries will receive one entry into the corresponding weekly prize draw and one entry into the grand prize draw.
Limit: No limit on the number of receipt entries. The same receipt cannot be used for more than one entry.
- NO-PURCHASE ENTRY: Complete a ballot, available online at buylocaltrenthills.ca or one of the drop off locations (see below for a list of designated drop off locations). *Eligible entries will receive one entry into the corresponding weekly prize draw and one entry into the grand prize draw.
Limit: One entry, per individual, per week.
Grand Prize – A $1,000 Trent Hills Shopping Spree: A random draw of all eligible entries will take place after the contest period is over. The winner will receive a total of $1,000 in gift certificates from up to ten (10) Trent Hills businesses of their choosing.
Contest entry drop off locations for receipts and ballots are:
– 39 Main St. (39 Main St., Warkworth)
– The Water Lily (8 Bridge St. N., Hastings)
– Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce (51 Grand Rd., Campbellford)
A correctly answered skill-testing question will be required to claim a prize.
Must be 19 years of age or older to enter the sweepstakes. See below for Eligibility.
A list of participating businesses can be found at the top of this page.
The sweepstakes begins on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 12:00 am and ends on Sunday, December 24, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
Prizes and chances of winning:
Value of gift certificates
Number of Prizes
Chances of Winning
Weekly Prizes (no purchase required)
Determined by number of entries
Determined by number of entries
Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce Home for the Holidays Sweepstakes Official Rules
- SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: The Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce, 51 Grand Road, PO Box 376, Campbellford, Ontario K0L 1L0, 705-653-1551. Administrator: Nancy Allanson, CEO
- SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 12:00 am and ends on Sunday, December 24, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
- SWEEPSTAKES DRAW: The draw for weekly prizes will take place every Wednesday at 1:00 pm, beginning on November 29, 2023 and ending on Wednesday, December 27, 2023 at 1:00 p.m. Grand Prize Draw will take place on Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 1:00 p.m. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Number of prize winners each week to be determined by number of participating businesses. There will be one grand prize winner.
a) The Sweepstakes is open to all residents of Ontario (excluding Quebec), who have reached the age of majority, except all Staff and Board Members of the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce and their immediate family members.
B) Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which, subject to applicable law, are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
c) Sweepstakes entrants are eligible through a Support-A-Business Entry, a Make-A-Purchase Entry and/or a No-Purchase-Entry.
5. ELIGIBLE PURCHASES: Eligible entries for the Support-A-Business and Make-A-Purchase Entries must meet eligible purchases: Goods or services. from a business located in the Municipality of Trent Hills, that are made in person, delivered, take-out, or delivered electronically are eligible purchases. Purchases containing the following goods or services do not qualify as an eligible purchase: alcohol, tobacco, vaping and cannabis products, and lottery tickets. Purchases must be made between the Sweepstakes Period.
6. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Opens Monday, November 20, 2023 at 12:00 am and closes Sunday, December 24, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
7. HOW TO ENTER
a) SUPPORT-A-BUSINESS ENTRY: Share a picture of a product or service you purchased from a business located in the Municipality of Trent Hills on the Official “Home for the Holidays Weekly Contest Post” on the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce Facebook page. Mention or identify the business in the post. *Eligible entries will receive one entry for the corresponding weekly prize draw and one entry for the grand prize draw. Limit: One entry, per individual, per week.
b) MAKE-A-PURCHASE-ENTRY: Make a purchase from a business located in Trent Hills between Monday, November 20, 2023 and Saturday, December 24, 2023 at 1 pm. Submit a receipt or other form of proof of purchase with Your Name, Your Phone Number and the Business Name to firstname.lastname@example.org. OR deliver to one of the drop off locations. Date and purchase amount must be visible for a valid entry. This constitutes one entry for that week. *Eligible entries will receive one entry into the corresponding weekly prize draw and one entry into the grand prize draw. Limit: One entry per receipt, per week. No limit on number of receipt entries. The same receipt cannot be used for more than one entry.
c) NO-PURCHASE ENTRY: Complete a ballot, available online at buylocaltrenthills.ca or one of the drop-off locations. *Eligible entries will receive one entry into the corresponding weekly prize draw and one entry into the grand prize draw. Limit: One entry, per individual, per week.
By participating in the Sweepstakes each Entrant hereby warrants and represents that any materials associated or submitted with their entry (the “Entry Materials”): is/are original to him/her and that the entrant has obtained all necessary rights in and to the Entry Materials for the purposes of entering such Entry Materials in the Contest; does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence; will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and is/are not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals; commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor; conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules; and/or any other materials that are or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Sponsor or designated content moderator (the “Reviewer”) reserves the right to screen all Entry Materials. Any Entry Materials that the Reviewer deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. The Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to remove any Entry Materials (or any part thereof) and/or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Entry Materials (or any part thereof) in order to ensure that the Entry Materials comply with these Official Rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Entry Materials – to help ensure that the Sweepstakes is being conducted in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Official Rules.
- AWARDING OF PRIZES
a) The Sweepstakes Sponsor will submit the sweepstakes entrant’s name into a random draw of all valid entries received. Any entries that do not meet the rules will be considered invalid.
b) The selected entrant will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question administered over the telephone at a time mutually convenient to the selected entrant and the Sponsor/Administrator or Sponsor’s Agent, to be eligible for the prize.
c) The selected entrant may be required to show proof of purchase prior to collecting their prize. Proof of purchase is not required for support-a-business and no-purchase entries.
Total value of prizes is $1,700 as of December 4, 2023. (To be updated weekly after the prize drawing has taken place).
Weekly prize winner: Each week at 1:00 p.m., beginning on Wednesday, November 29 and continuing to December 27, 2023, a random draw from all eligible entries made for that week will receive a $25 gift certificate from a participating Trent Hills business. The gift certificate prizes will be pre-determined by the Sponsor. These entries will also be included in the Grand Prize Draw. Once a prize winner has been selected for the weekly prize their entry will not go back into the future weekly draws but will remain in the Grand Prize draw.
Grand prize: A random drawing of all eligible entries will be made on Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 1:00 p.m. A $1,000 Trent Hills shopping spree will be awarded to one grand prize winner. The winner will receive a total value of $1,000 in gift certificates/gift cards from up to ten (10) businesses of their choosing located either in the Municipality of Trent Hills or a member of the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce.
10. CLAIMING A PRIZE and WINNER NOTIFICATION
Weekly draws and Grand Prize draw:
Each Selected Entrant will be contacted by email or other reasonable means within two (2) business days of the Prize Draw Date.
If a Selected Entrant:
(a) cannot be reached within five (5) business days of the first notification;
(b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question:
(c) cannot provide Proof of Purchase/Payment at the request of the Sponsor (if applicable);
(d) fails to pick up their prize within 30 days of their acceptance of the prize;
or otherwise comply with the Sponsor’s verification procedures is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), then he/she will be disqualified and another Entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by email or other reasonable means with a Selected Entrant (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly Selected Entrant) or there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.
Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce, 51 Grand Road, PO Box 376, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
Phone: 705-653-1551 Email: email@example.com