The Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce will host a series of municipal candidate meetings to hear directly from the candidates and learn how they will respond to the issues, challenges and opportunities in Trent Hills. There will be five Ward Candidate Meetings and one All Candidates Meeting.
Download the Event Poster:
Trent Hills Candidate Meetings 2022
Submit your question:
The format for these meetings will not include questions from the audience. Instead, you may submit your questions in advance to email@example.com This format will increase the number of questions presented to the candidates. Questions submitted through other channels, including social media, will not be accepted.
Five questions will be provided in advance to the candidates so they may conduct research to assist in providing informed answers. The remaining questions will not be provided to the candidates in advance.
If there are questions that are not asked, those questions will be provided to the candidates should they wish to respond through their own communication channels. Contact information is required to submit a question, which shall remain confidential.
The deadline to submit questions for EACH meeting is five business days prior to the event.
Candidate Meeting Dates and Format:
An All Candidates Meeting will take place on Saturday, October 1. Chat one-on-one with candidates during the Meet and Greet which will begin at 1:00 pm. At this meeting, School Board Trustee Candidates and Ward Candidates will provide introductory remarks. The Mayoral and Deputy Mayoral Candidates will participate in a Question and Answer Forum from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
Each Ward will have its own meeting with Mayoral and Deputy Mayoral Candidates providing introductory remarks, followed by the Ward Candidates participating in a Question and Answer Forum. These meetings will begin at 6:30 pm with a Meet and Greet, followed by the panel discussion, and ending at 8:30 pm.
- Ward 1 Meeting – Tuesday, September 27, Campbellford Legion (34 Bridge St. W.) 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The deadline to submit questions is Monday, September 19 at 4 pm.
- Ward 2 Meeting – Wednesday, September 28, Campbellford Legion (34 Bridge St. W.) 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The deadline to submit questions is Tuesday, September 20 at 4 pm.
- Ward 3 Meeting – Thursday, September 29, Campbellford Legion (34 Bridge St. W.) 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The deadline to submit questions is Wednesday, September 21 at 4 pm.
- All Candidates Meeting – Saturday, October 1, Campbellford District High School (119 Ranney St. N.) 1 to 4 pm. The deadline to submit questions is Friday, September 23 at 4 pm.
- Ward 5 Meeting – Wednesday, October 5, Hastings Civic Centre (6 Albert St. E.) 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The deadline to submit questions is Wednesday, September 28 at 4 pm.
- Ward 4 Meeting – Thursday, October 6, Warkworth Legion (6 Norham Rd.) 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The deadline to submit questions is Tuesday, September 27 at 4 pm.
Remember to submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the above-noted deadlines.
If you are interested in reserving a shuttle service for the October 1st event and are coming from Hastings or Warkworth, contact the Chamber at 705-653-1551 or email@example.com. If there is enough interest, a shuttle will be arranged in each community from one designated pickup location.
Doug Irwin, Director of Legislative Services/Clerk and Returning Officer for the Municipality of Trent Hills will provide voting and election information during the Meet and Greet at each of the six meetings.
For information about the election, visit the Municipal Website: Elections – Municipality of Trent Hills
List of Certified Candidates:
Municipal Candidates – Certified-Candidates—Municipal-Council—updated-2022-09-06-145pm.pdf (trenthills.ca)
School Board Trustee Candidates – Certified-Candidates—School-Boards—2022-08-22-400pm.pdf (trenthills.ca)
Check to see if you are on the Voters List: Elections – Municipality of Trent Hills
Ward Maps: Elections – Municipality of Trent Hills
About the Chamber:
The Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce (THCC) is a not-for-profit organization that promotes, supports and facilitates business excellence, tourism vitality and community connectivity. Serving as a resourceful and supportive business leader, the THCC unites Campbellford, Hastings, Warkworth and the rich rural landscape as a prosperous, vibrant community working towards a common goal. The THCC provides member services and benefits to more than 250 businesses and organizations.
For more information, contact Nancy Allanson, CEO, Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce, 705-653-1551, firstname.lastname@example.org