Trent Hills Tourism Relief projects totalling $300,000 nearing completion
Trent Hills, Ontario – Trent Hills is benefitting from funding through the Tourism Relief Fund. The Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce (THCC), Municipality of Trent Hills and Campbellford Business Improvement Area (CBIA) each received a non-repayable contribution of $100,000 from RTO8 to support tourism projects. This is part of the Government of Canada’s Tourism Relief Fund, delivered by the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario). RTO8 received $3 million from FedDev Ontario to help local tourism organizations and businesses safely welcome back visitors, recover from the impacts of the pandemic and prepare for future growth.
The key to the success of this funding opportunity has been the collaboration between the Chamber, CBIA and the Municipality. These projects are spread throughout Trent Hills, which would not have been possible without this investment to boost the local tourism economy.
The following initiatives will be completed by December 31, 2022:
Municipality of Trent Hills projects:
- Hastings Kayak Launch
- Toilet Facilities in Crowe Bridge Park
- Pride Benches – Warkworth and Hastings
- Picnic Tables and Bike Racks – all three communities.
Campbellford BIA projects:
- New website, which will be user friendly on tablets and phones
- Installation of Pride Bench in a prominent spot
- Planters placed in key areas for beautification
- Installation of the new Accessible Kayak Launch/Dock at the Waterfront
Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce projects include:
- Kayak Rental Facility – Campbellford
- Message Centres with Literature Holders – Hastings, Warkworth, Campbellford
- Portable toilet murals and picnic table art – Hastings, Warkworth, Campbellford
- Signage, radio, print and digital marketing support
- Improvements to Trent Hills Visitor Information Centre
- Electric vehicle charging station – Warkworth